- #: 224600
- Price: $9.99 In Apple Store
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 2010-12-21
- Current Version: 1.6.1
- 1.6.1 (iOS 4.0 Tested)
- Size: 0.70 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Bodelin, Inc.
- Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 3.0 or later
- © 2010 Bodelin, Inc.
Add to Favorite apps
Developed by professional teleprompter manufacturer Bodelin Technologies, ProPrompter allows you to use your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch as a smooth scrolling professional teleprompter.Our ProPrompter App features professional settings for fonts, font…..
Rated 4/5 based on 3 customer reviews.
Maybe the best app EVER!
All that I can say is WOW! What an amazing use of the iPhone! This app couldn't be simpler, more straightforward or effective. I own a small video-production company and have had the need for a teleprompter on many occasions but simply lacked the funds to purchase one. ProPrompter has changed all of that. With a simple home-made rig I was able to make a stand for the iphone and then I mounted a flexible-neck clamp to my tripod which holds a piece of scpecially designed "beam-splitting" glass (this is needed to eliminate the "double vision" look you'll get with regular glass) and I am good to go! For less than $90 I have a fully functional teleprompter set-up for all future clients! In addition, the response from customer service at Bodelin was lightning fast and very helpful, what more could anyone ask for? Keep up the great work guys!!
Useful but hardly perfect
There's a lot that's good about this app. You aren't confined to txt files. You can cut and paste from a Word document with no problem. Creating a new document and editing inside the app is a breeze. Font size adjusts, background colors adjust, all caps or jot--your choice. Remote control using iphone bluetooth mostly works (select the document, tap to start or stop) but scroll speed adjustment is not functioning. And from time to time the bluetooth remote just cuts off while the ipad scrolling continues. That's bad. And there's no way to control scrolling or speed by swiping the iphone or ipad screen, although the instructions say otherwise. Nor is there a way to get to a midpoint or anywhere in the document without starting at the beginning and just letting it scroll to where it cut off, Landscape or portrait works, but the automatic function to choose between them does not work. The speed control barely functions. That said, it's a very good start for this app, but it needs some adjusting. I'd be happy to adjust this review after the app gets a few needed tweaks.
Good, almost great
Terrific app. Very smooth. Highly recommend it. I'm a professional speaker, but was a total newbie to teleprompters and was overjoyed to find this simple, easy-to-use app for a recent video shoot.
- On-the-fly speed control, both onscreen and with remote, instead of having to stop the script and go into Settings every time. Very burdensome.
- Ability to move the "reader bar" up or down (really up, so the subject's eyes are focused as close to the camera lens as possible, instead of several inches down in the middle of the screen).
- Ability to swipe/scroll up or down through the script and start it at any given point -- instead of having to START THE WHOLE SCRIPT OVER AGAIN AND WAIT !!!F-O-R-E-V-E-R!!! UNTIL IT FINALLY SCROLLS BACK TO YOUR MARK!!!!! (sorry, was I shouting?). Camera crews cost money, you know, and wasted time waiting for a point in the script to finally return so we can shoot is a total waste of money ... Just adds to the $9.99 price and thereby keeps increasing the actual cost of the package (FYI to Bodelin).
Write a Review
The information may be outdated. For actual information go to iTunes